Are you a self-starting prospecting ninja? Lucky for you, Skyhook is growing rapidly - and we are looking for a Business Development Rep to join our creative, passionate and driven team. Our headquarters in Boston’s exciting Innovation District are filled with Ideapaint, standing desks, bean bag chairs, crowd-controlled Sonos radio and a kitchen full of snacks. Our office is a collaborative, open space that allows all of our teams to create together - innovation is in our DNA.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Skyhook, you will play a key role as we continue to build out our sales team to support our fast-growing business. Your primary focus is to drive outbound prospecting efforts to identify new accounts, opportunities and revenue in the mobile advertising ecosystem.
The Skyhook Sales Team is the face of our global business - our clients range in size from budding startups to multibillion dollar technology powerhouses. Our sales team doesn't just sell our location technology, it helps define the next generation of apps, devices and adtech products. Our first party location network is alive with billions of real-time data signals to power highly contextualized and location specific mobile experiences across the globe. The BDR is part of a dynamic and versatile team that is continuously improving client relationships and expanding into new markets.
What will your day-to-day be like?
You will spend 70% of your time with Skyhook’s Advertising Ecosystem Sales team, supporting prospecting activities for priority accounts to secure a sufficient flow of qualified opportunities and meetings and calls. The other 30% of your time, you will work closely with the marketing team to support demand generation campaigns, follow-up with leads from tradeshows and events and manage the inbound marketing lead flow in the Advertising Ecosystem segment to qualify buying interest and cultivate opportunities.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with a high-energy, positive phone presence, and a track record of effective, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization.
You also have:
A self-motivated, team-oriented mentality and an ability to thrive in an an intellectually vibrant environment.
A love for consuming technology almost much as selling it.
A Bachelor's degree plus 1 - 3 years’ inside sales or BDR experience in the software industry (advertising technology a plus).
A desire to work in startup environment with the goal of advancing your career in sales.
A successful track record cultivating leads and generating new opportunities through outbound prospecting.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to lead conversations and execute a thorough discovery process.
Ability to manage all activity in Salesforce.com
Skyhook is a worldwide leader in location. Skyhook created and operates the most advanced location network in the world today. Everyday Skyhook powers tens of billions of location requests and location-based context requests around the world for advertising, publishers, devices, apps, wearables, media, mobile device management, digital rights management, device recovery and more. Skyhook is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Broadband Corporation. To learn more about Skyhook, please visit us at www.skyhook.com!
Interested or want to learn more? Check out the Skyhook Careers Page to read the full job description, apply, or to see our other available positions we’re hiring for.